Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Hold yer Liquor!

So my co-worker - employee actually - and I traveled to Albuquerque... after our business was concluded we went in search of a bar/pub/anything to get a drink.

We end up in a pub called Maloney's with the other 22 people from the state of New Mexico who had the same idea. It was decent. They had Guinness on tap so I was happy.

Andrea asks for me to order her a drink. "Something fruity." I'm not big on fruity drinks - I'm not really good at ordering mixed drinks period: margarita, kamikaze, vodka cranberry. That's my box. I'm more of a straight tequila, scotch or beer/wine guy.

So I order Andrea a vodka cranberry.

6 minutes later she orders a second one.

12 Minutes after that she orders a third.

She's 26, 5-nothing, 100-nothing. See where this is going?

So I finally finish my Guinness and Andrea has made "too good" friends with 3 of the local auto mechanics and decides we have to leave... ok whatever, it took us forever to find this bar. So we go across the street to a bar called The Library... now this is where I could do some real studying.

Andrea orders a water - me, Patron silver, in a tumbler, with a twist of lime. Andrea is feeling fine. She has another water then disappears into the bathroom for 10 minutes.

She reappears and immediately asks for another water. I'm still sipping my tequila. Blah Blah chit chat with the locals - "where you from?" "Why you in Albuquerque?" - I must really fit in around here. I notice Andrea is gone...

I order a Margarita, rocks and salt. Strange looks from the locals persist.

Andrea reappears a bit wobbly... "wooow - I shooouldn't have had those shreeee drinks so quick-ly"

"Gee, ya think? Have some more water."

As we're talking she's getting a glassy look in her eye and interrupts me to say "excuse me" with her finger raised... off to the loo again...

15 minutes later she reappears with a bouncer on her arm, he collects her jacket and starts to walk her out the door...

"Close my tab, please..."

My dumb ass employee was just kicked out of a bar for drinking too much. The night was magic!

No comments: